Well it’s finally happened, the internet has lost its collective marbles and has nominated me for a Liebster blog award. Or more precisely Lizzy as theropesinlondon.wordpress.com has very kindly nominated me for a Liebster blog award.
Liebster is of German origin and according to dictionarist.com it means sweetheart, beloved person, or darling . Well I’m more than happy to be the web’s beloved, so to Lizzy a huge thank you for nominating me, and to you all thanks for visiting.
The Liebster blog award is to be honest, of an undetermined origin but according to sopphey it was for bloggers with less than 3,000 followers (although other sources say it was for blogs with under 200 followers, whose to know the true ‘rules’) and helps to promote new and interesting blogs. Some blogs ask you to nominate 11 fellow blogs, others 3-5 (again the rules seem to keep changing as they get whispered around the internet). Without any disrespect, all of the ‘rules’ seem to be subject to change so I’m going to bastardise the rules myself.
The Liebster rules – By V C Willow
1. Thank your nominee – Thank you Lizzy
2. Proudly display the Liebster award pictures to promote the award (see above)
3. Nominate 4 other bloggers for the award and notify them of your nomination.
- http://dorkdaddy.com/ – for geektastic blogging
- http://saturdaysocks.com/ – For DIY fun
- http://silversthreads.com/ – for writing and spirituality
- http://thepathbetweenthestars.wordpress.com/ – To feel good
4. Post 4 facts that most of your regular and new bloggers may not know about you.
- I look forward to eating friend egg sandwiches on a Sunday morning with a large glass of fresh Orange juice – with juicy bits – all week.
- I would quite happily retire to a retreat away from the world as long as I had lots of books and a log fire to sit by in the winter
- I would secretly love to learn quilting although I am not even remotely ‘feminine’ in the traditional sense, I like the idea of creating something useful and beautiful
- I have wanted to build my own eco house since I was 11 or 12. It would be a detached property in a remote location, with a huge library, log fires in every room, an attic writing room for winter, a summer-house to write in, in the summer, triple glazed windows, total self-powered and super efficient is how I imagine the house. Sometimes it is also a hobbit style house. I’d have lots of land for allotments and beautiful flower beds separating the garden off into little garden grotto’s. I’d have a porch with a swing chair on it. There would be horses in the stables, and It would be on the edge of a remote lake. I go to this place when I’m in some much needed serenity. I dream everyday of building my house, it is my greatest and longest standing goal in life.
5. Answer 4 questions your nominee has posted for you
If you could only visit one city in the world, which would it be?
I’d love to visit Marrakesh. Everything about the city fascinates me from the food to the culture, the architecture to the colour and the smells of a bustling city rich in spice and fabrics of every hue imaginable
What is your favourite film?
It may be a cliché, but Shawshank redemption remains one of my favourite films. I’m still gripped from the opening title to the bitter-sweet ending. I find it almost cathartic to watch Shawshank, always coming away from the film feeling better than when I started watching it.
What is your single, most important possession?
My memories of those I love, and the memories of things we have done, places we have visited and most importantly the way they made me feel. They will stay with me forever.
What made you decide to start your own blog?
Honestly? To promote my writing and connect with readers. but what I have found is something much better, it has become not only a place to display my writing and connect with other writers and readers, but also a place to display some of other creative outlets and share and connect with people around the world. People visit from Ireland to India, New Zealand to New York. I love connecting with such a wide variety of people.
6. Post 4 questions for the blogs you have nominated to answer.
- Who is your hero or heroine and what is it about them that makes you admire them?
- What two pieces of music would you take to a desert Island and why?
- What do you love about blogging?
- What is the funniest joke you have heard?
7. Congratulate yourself on being nominated, it’s good to have people visiting your blog, reading your posts and enjoying your thoughts, events, words and images.
Congratulations to all the bloggers I have nominated and hope you will come back to my blog again soon. Whether you are an old friend or a new one, feel free to follow the blog and share it with others. https://vcwillow.wordpress.com